Saturday, May 19, 2012

Another Shopping Trip

Today (though sick) Phillip and I went to Fred Meyer for a shopping trip.
We started in the entertainment area (well Phillip did, I left him unattended) and got 5 movies.  The normal total price would have been $55+ tax.  We paid only 22.95+ tax.
We then made our way to grocery/health & beauty for the meat of our savings.
3 bottles of juice, 8 boxes of rice mix, 5 boxes of pasta, 3 containers of toothpaste, 8 bottles shampoo/conditioner, 48 cans of soda, 4 bags of chicken, 3 boxes of butter and a cube of cheese (and a container of laundry detergent not pictured). 
The store was having some great sales that dropped the price down for most of the items and then we added coupons. 
My favorite bargain was the Shampoo/Conditioner.  I've seen this brand for $4-5/bottle.  The store sale was 3 for $10 which made the total $26.64.  BUT I added a coupon that got the total for all 8 bottles to $10.32.  That's $1.29/bottle!
Ok, I'm sure none of you are as excited about my deals as I am, but this is my "drug-of-choice"  And that $30ish I saved, I get to spend somewhere else!  :)
Before coupons, the total would have been  $104.51. 
After coupons, our total (including tax) was $69.32

No comments: