Saturday, May 19, 2012

Women's Conference

Just because we moved, doesn't mean I gave up my yearly pilgrimage to Utah to see Grandma, other family and go to Women's Conference at BYU. 
I took a sister from our ward and we went on the Greyhound bus.  It was a LONG trip.  I wouldn't have minded the bus as much if we hadn't been surrounded by loud, annoying, stupid people. 
I only got a couple shots of the trip, when we were crossing the Snake River.
The 2nd shot is showing where Evil Knievel made his famous jump.
My sister picked us up in Salt Lake and we went down to our favorite Days Inn in Lehi.  Women's Conference was wonderful of course!  The concluding speakers were Elder and Sister Andersen.  After the closing song and prayer, Elder Andersen went and shook hands with anyone who wanted to.  We stayed for about 25 minutes and he probably shook 200+ hands and was still going when we left.  It was amazing!  It reminded me of when Christ took the time for 20,000+ people to touch him and know that he was the Christ.  A lot of people left before the song was finished or even before the talks were finished.  How much did they miss out on!
One of the nights we went to an Italian place for dinner.  The service was horrible, but the bread sticks were HUGE!
On Saturday morning we went to the Salt Lake temple.



It was a beautiful morning!
We wandered around the temple grounds for awhile.
And we went into the Joseph Smith Memorial Building where I found my favorite statue:
It is larger than life and the detail that went into this statue is amazing.  If you look over his shoulder, you can see The Book of James from The Bible imprinted on the page.
We also went downstairs to the Family History Center and took a picture there.
Overall, it was a great trip!

No comments: