Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Catch Up

It doesn't seem like that much has happened but for some reason I haven't been putting all of my fun things on here for everyone to read.
First Snow
A few weeks ago we had our first snow.  I woke up, looked out the window and threw on some sweats so I could go outside.  I felt like a little child.
 Here is our back yard before:
And after:
 And the front before:
And after:

The Saturday after, we woke up to a even more snow:


We went out and had a snow ball fight with the snow that was on the car.  Can you tell we had the heater on more than our neighbor?
Savings
After a quick visit to Phillip's work, we headed to Safeway where we did some fun mixing of coupons and in-store savings.
We saved 46%.  The total before savings was somewhere around $79 and after was $42.  I don't claim to be an extrem couponer (you can watch them here), but I think this was a great deal.  We also received $4 in coupons for our next trip!  I don't buy things we will not use and I don't take everything off the shelf.  Between that and a Winco Trip, my stockpile is full now.
After taking some tips from Shannon, I officially have a month of meals planned and will only need to grab some perishable items right before a few meals.  This makes me a VERY happy camper!
Thanksgiving and Christmas
Phillip and I were able to spend Thanksgiving with the Ames' family here in our ward.  We are thankful for all of our new friends and for the Ames' welcoming us into their home.  Everything was yummy and the company was great.
We decided to brave the Target in Yakima at midnight that night.  We spent $150 and saved $125!
The day after Thanksgiving, we decorated for Christmas.
Today

I spent the day making cookies. No pictures, sorry, but I went to a ward members home and made three different kinds. One resembled the "powder sugar" cookies, the second was like ginger snaps and the third rolled around cinnamon sugar, all spice, cloves and raisins. Very yummy and now I have a LARGE platter of cookies to share. Tomorrow we will be taking these out for some visits. :)
Well, I think that about catches us up for now.  I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Nancy Seljestad said...

Thanks for sharing cookies!! It was fun to make the receivers list!

Enjoyed reading the happenings of your life.