Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Preparing for Christmas

Phillip and I started shopping back at the first of September, so pretty much we're done.  Some of the presents are being hand made though and those I am still working on.  Phillip helped me with this one:
We saw the quote on a bag in Barnes & Nobel and I knew it would make a perfect bookmark.
The next present is 1/2 way done.  We are having visitors two days after Christmas and this dress is for their little girl:


The skirt comes out to a full circle which should be lots of fun when she twirls.   The second half of this project is a matching dress for her dolly.  I don't know if you can tell, but the front of this dress closes with seven buttons.  Seven!  Before this dress I had never done a button hole the proper way.  I don't know what I was doing, but I had never read the instructions.  Anyway, I am very proud of those seven button holes!
There are two other projects in the works, but as they are for Phillip, I am choosing not to reveal them at this time.
The other night I went to the gas station and saw these trucks coming off of the freeway:

 There was some kind of Christmas Parade just south of us and I guess the trucks came to Zillah to turn all their lights off.  (Notice Santa's reindeer lit up on the hill).
Two Sunday's ago we had a program to help the Relief Society sisters be prepared for Christmas.  I found this program by Judith Hoopes Hamilton: The Women Who Knew Jesus, added some hymns we had different sisters portray each part.  It was a WONDERFUL experience.  My new favorite character of the Nativity story is Elizabeth.
Well that's about it for now.  Tomorrow our Christmas cards will (hopefully) go out in the mail and our second calendar goes to the printer.  Christmas is just around the corner!!!

5 comments:

Nancy Seljestad said...

The dress turned out gorgeous! Those 7 buttonholes/buttons are a challenge to be reckoned with and you did great! She will love twirling in it!
The RS program was just the best!

Unknown said...

Awww that dress is adorable!

The Jensens said...

That little girl will LOVE it! I'm so glad they are visiting you :-) I am jealous.

I hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas! Love you and miss you!!

marsella said...

Nice blog.. Thank you for sharing the useful information.. Great job... !!!! Bravo... !!!

darmayoga said...

Good post.. I like your blog so much..