Sunday, January 08, 2012

Don't Worry; We're Still Alive

(Warning, this one is a bit long...)
Yes, I do realize that it has been almost a month since I last blogged.  We are still alive, the holiday season kept us VERY busy and try as I might, I could not manage to get on here.
December 15th
 I received a new phone in the mail.  I had gone to the store to look for one, mine wouldn't hold a charge, and found this cute little Blackberry Pearl for $149. 
Some might be okay paying that much for a phone, but I am not. So I went home and did my research.  I found the same phone for $0.01.  That's right, a penny!  It was refurbished, but I'm not picky.  Phillip named her "Pearl."
December 16th
I was blessed to go out with some girl friends to a very yummy restaurant, Zesta Cucina.  One of the lady's boss had given her a gift card for Christmas and she chose to share it with us.  My favorite part was the gelato!

Christmas
Our first Christmas presents were from mom & dad Iverson and they made our tree look so pretty.  My favorite part though was the stack of coupons!

By Christmas Day our tree was surrounded by way too many gifts.  Santa was much too good to us this year.  Especially to me.  Phillip broke our self-imposed budget (I didn't get too upset) and bough me a Kindle.  So now "Pearl" has a boyfriend, "Kindle."
 He also gave me a variety of soaps from Simply McGhie Soaps (find her on: Facebook, Etsy and Blog).  I know I am a bit biased, as she is one of my best friends, but this is the best soap in the world!!!  A bar of Chocolate is in the shower and I love smelling it every morning.
 Phillip and all of our family gave me a lot of other things including nearly a whole new closet of clothes.  I am VERY blessed!
Not to be out done, I got crafty for Christmas.  Phillip had asked for some covers for his scriptures...
...and a bag for his church things.
I've heard some jealous whispers about the scripture covers.  I just may start making them on a more regular basis....
One of our favorite presents came from my big sister, Barb.  It is a glass block with Christmas lights inside an a silhouette of the Nativity.  So beautiful!  We don't think this one is getting put away with the other Christmas decorations.  It just may stay out year-round.
McGhie's
Another of our favorite presents came two days after Christmas.  These three cutie:
and their parents came to visit us for about a week after Christmas.  We loved having the McGhie's with us.  We hadn't seen them since we moved (6 months (!!!)) and loved ever minute of it.  We took them all over Zillah, getting all the photo-opps.
We took them to the best stores (this quote was in the Amish Connection).
And made them stay up late baking cookies and playing games with us.  This apron was another Christmas sewing project.
We hope they had some fun and were very sad to go.  Especially when they left their cold here.  It is a good reminder of having them here though.  ;)
Birthday
Again Phillip was way too good to me.  He got me two books, a pastel set, a shirt and.........
a WHOLE BATCH of Orange Shaving Soap!!!!!  If you can't read it, my face is all smiles just remember looking into this bag.
 
He took me to Olive Garden for a yummy dinner and then took me for lunch on Saturday at a new (to us) Mexican restaurant in Yakima.  I feel VERY blessed!
Well, there are two more things to tell, but I am going to wait an go to bed. 
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!!!

3 comments:

Nancy Seljestad said...

I enjoyed hearing all about the happenings. The projects look great-apron/scripture covers/scripture bags! Looks like you really got showered with gifts and what a fun lot. A kindle!! new phone!! and the soaps!! it was wonderful to meet your friend. Next time she comes maybe you can host a soap party and we can come and buy some! just an idea!
hurry up and tell us the 2 other things!!

Anonymous said...

What are the two more things to tell??

Mike said...

I just found your blog, and your photos are absolutely gorgeous!