Monday, June 11, 2012

Some updates

In preparation for fostering, Phillip and I did some redecorating.  The "office" was emptied and new furniture was assembled.  Here's what it looked like when all was said and done:


Wouldn't you want to come live with us?
Our bedroom had some rearranging as well:
Yes, that is a library in our bedroom.  I live in a library!  It's heaven!
The "guest room" has had some rearranging as well...but it is still a work in progress so no pictures yet.

A few weekends ago Phillip found out he was going to conduct an Eagle Scout Court of Honor.  After a trip to the scout store (a first for me), I got to sew his patches on!  That was...an experience.  The only one I had major issues with was the round patch, but I finally got it on.
Doesn't he look handsome?!?!  I am so proud to be married to an Eagle Scout who wears it with pride and respect.  I am also lucky to have a great Father-in-Law who is another great example of Scouting.  I sadly think a large population is starting to see scouting as something very nonchalant.  What a great honor it should be.  Okay, off my soap-box now.

I looked out the window (♫ and what did I see? ♫) the other day and one side of the sky looked like this:
While the other side looked like this:
It was such a beautiful sight.  I love the clouds we see up here!

We had the opportunity to meet the young man who resides with us now a few weeks ago.  After we left our meeting, Phillip and I looked up and saw this beautiful double rainbow:

   I felt like this was Heavenly Father telling me the same thing he told Noah: that what he had done, he would not do again.  It was such a powerful testimony that struck me.  I know God lives.  I know He knows what we are going through and He has a greater plan than we can ever imagine.  If we just hold to our faith, we will see miracles!

1 comment:

jennifer anderson said...

of course you will see and have miracles