Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Family Additions

Yes, our family has grown again.  This time by three! 
Now, before you have a heart attack, no the additions are not in the human form.
A few Saturdays ago I woke up to the mail being delivered and this little baby on my doorstep:
This is the Victorio steam caner.  I have wanted a caner for awhile now.  I knew I wanted the steam version instead of the old water bath kind.  This way uses less water and seems to take less time. 
For those who don't know or haven't used a steam caner: water is filled to the top of that wire base and the jars are placed on top.  Then the lid covers everything and you wait for the steam to seal your jars.  The FDA has not approved this method, but I like it.
I especially like the Victorio because it takes all the guess work out of steam canning.  Most steam caners have a little hole and you have to watch for steam to come out of the hole before you start timing.  The Victorio has this little gem on the top:
The caner senses the amount of pressure and once the red needle hits green, you're good to go.  So much easier!  I think her name will be Victoria.
The other additions to our family are twins!
We were doing laundry the other day and I said "What is that noise?!?!"  I kid you not, washer was growling at me.  I messed with it a while but to no avail.  It decided to stop agitating.  This is not the first issue we've had with our washer/dryer and we are not the first owners.  Phillip took pity on me and (after a week of borrowing a friends washer while they were out of town) we went shopping.
Tomorrow morning our twins arrive.
Exhibit A: (Adora)
http://www.homedepot.com/buy/ge-adora-3-9-cu-ft-top-load-washer-in-white-385138.html
and Exhibit B: (Adoro)
I am so excited to do laundry tomorrow!

No comments: